Exhibitions can be viewed 10am to 4pm every Friday and Saturday, and by those attending any UGT event.
Fulfilling the objectives of the Under Ground Theatre are to bring the visual arts to Eastbourne as well as the performing arts.
Stephen Lloyd, MP for Eastbourne, opened the first exhibition of paintings by local artist Andrew Voller, which was attended by around 100 guests.
Followed by a hitherto unseen collection of West African Art owned by Jeni King, then an exhibition of painting by abstract artist David Armitage together with his illustrations of ‘The Lighthouse’ series of children’s books, written by his wife Ronda.
Future exhibitions by local artists are booked well into 2013.
Art Under Ground aims in the main to promote local artists by featuring work of many genres. All of the paintings may be sold through the Under Ground Theatre to which a commission is payable on sale. No charge is made for the exhibition space.
The art exhibitions can be viewed on Fridays and Saturdays between 10am and 4pm. Patrons visiting events at the Under Ground Theatre will also have the opportunity to see the exhibits.
- Jackie Hurwood & Janet Redden - 03/05/2013 - 29/06/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Peter Waller - 05/07/2013 - 27/07/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Albert Parmigiani - 02/08/2013 - 31/08/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Mike Hatchard - 06/09/2013 - 28/09/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- P Brown - 04/10/2013 - 26/10/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Joan Crowhurst - 01/11/2013 - 30/11/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Sonya Tatham & Susan Gregory - 06/12/2013 - 28/12/2013 - 10:00 am - 4:00 pm